Humanities Events Co-sponsorship
You are here
The Society for the Humanities provides support for many humanities lectures, conferences, and other academic events on Cornell's Ithaca campus.
You may request a Society co-sponsorship for your event if it meets the following criteria:
- Your event is sponsored and/or organized by a Cornell humanities department or program
- Your event is free and open to the public
- Your event will take place on Cornell's Ithaca campus (or will be easily accessible to the Ithaca community)
- Your event has an academic component, like a lecture, workshop, or conference (it is not a social reception only)
Support from the Society may include:
- Fees waived for student workers and the use of the A.D. White House event space (subject to availability)
- Lodging for a speaker or presenter at your event in the Jonathan Culler Guest Suite at the A.D. White House (subject to availability). We can help you cut hotel costs while encouraging visiting scholars to stay longer and perhaps offer an additional student workshop or class visit.
- Funds transferred to your departmental account to support interdisciplinary signature events with a broad impact, such as workshops and conferences that include multiple guests
To request co-sponsorship please submit a co-sponsorship request form.
Your information will be reviewed and you may receive a request for follow-up information. Please direct co-sponsorship questions to Julie McLean, email@example.com.
Please note: funding for smaller, discipline-specific, and/or one-off lectures is available via the Central New York Humanities Corridor when collaborating with colleagues from other Corridor institutions.