Call for Applications: 2021-23 HASTAC Scholars Cohort
Join a community of scholars dedicated to rethinking pedagogy, learning, research, and the role of higher education with the goal of creating a more equitable system. Application deadline: October 15, 2021.
The HASTAC Scholars program is an innovative student-driven community of graduate and undergraduate students. Each year, around 100 new Scholars are accepted into a new 2-year cohort of the program. HASTAC Scholars come from dozens of disciplines and have been sponsored by over 200 colleges and universities ranging from small liberal arts colleges to large research universities.
New HASTAC Scholars will contribute to building a community that works at the intersection of technology and the arts, humanities, and sciences. HASTAC Scholars host online forums, organize collaborative book reviews, write blog posts, share their research and interests on scholar spotlight, participate in Digital Fridays, and much more.
What can you accomplish as a HASTAC Scholar?
- Blog about your own work and research projects, questions, ideas
- Report on activities at your local institution and department
- Share insights from conferences and performances
- Network both online and in-person meet-ups or conferences
- Conduct interviews, book reviews, project reviews—your status as a HASTAC Scholar can give you a sense of standing to reach out to major people in your field!
- Are you interested in a new tool or pedagogical idea? You could host a small video chat with other Scholars to work through how you can implement it!
- Other ideas: Create an app, coordinate the development of a small DH project, work with your university library on a digitization project, etc.
In short: every HASTAC Scholar ends up being active in a different way. We are open to how you want to help build this community or develop a supportive community on your campus!
Selected HASTAC Scholars will participate in the program from November 1, 2021 to October 31, 2023.
For more on what you can expect to participate in as a HASTAC Scholar, check out our Digital Fridays Video Playlist!
Before applying, you must identify a faculty or staff member who is willing to mentor you and sponsor your fellowship. We will contact this person to confirm their sponsorship of your application. Please ensure both you and your mentor are registered as users on www.hastac.org before applying.
Applications for the 2021-2023 Cohort are due 10/15. Apply online here.
Please note: The does not adjudicate the HASTAC Scholars competition. Please contact email@example.com if you are selected as a HASTAC scholar to request your annual award.