Summer Graduate Fellowship in Digital Humanities
You are here
Call for Applications: Cornell Summer Graduate Fellowship in Digital Humanities
June 8 – July 17, 2020
Sponsored by Cornell University Library & Society for the Humanities.
Application Deadline: April 14, 2020. Click link at bottom of page to apply.
The Summer Graduate Fellowship in Digital Humanities supports a small interdisciplinary cohort of Cornell graduate students who together investigate approaches to digital scholarship through workshops, readings, discussion, and independent projects.
Throughout the span of the program, fellows attend organized workshops led by library staff and other experts from around campus. As the summer progresses, they dedicate increasingly more time to co-working sessions with peers and individual consultations with staff who assist them in planning and executing their own projects.
Fellows are selected for their potential to benefit from the program, and their willingness to engage in a collaborative learning environment. No advanced technical skills are required.
The program provides
- Small-group tutorials on digital scholarship tools, skills, and approaches, tailored to participants’ interests and prior experience.
- Orienting readings and discussion of historical and current issues in digital humanities.
- An introduction to practical aspects of developing, implementing, and managing complex digital humanities projects, ranging from technical considerations to broader scholarly impact.
- Ongoing guidance and technical support for participants developing their own digital projects.
- A stipend of $1000.
The time commitment is expected to be around 10-15 hours/week. The cohort size is expected to be five to eight students.
- Desire to explore digital approaches to research and teaching through workshops, reading, and discussion.
- Desire and ability to contribute to a supportive, interdisciplinary summer learning community.
- Commitment to building an independent digital project related to your research or pedagogy.
- Resident on the Cornell campus during the dates of the program, June 8-July 17.
- Approval of your committee chair.
Application deadline: April 14, 2020
Please contact Eliza Bettinger (email@example.com) with any questions about the application process.